Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Owen Bennett!!! ~ Sandpoint Photographer

Happy Friday!

Today......my son turns 4.

The power of a picture..........

The feeling you get when you find out you are having your first baby is incredible.....and so magical......it's something I will NEVER forget.... the minute we saw our 20 week ultrasound we knew what his name would be instantly and fell even more in love once we could "see" him. It took him 3 long painful days to come into this world....but he was the sweetest little baby.....and now is a smart, handsome, funny, energetic, and strong (physically and personality wise) big boy!

I take pictures because I treasure them so much......I take pictures so I can remember every detail of his life....him growing inside my belly......those first minutes of life.....his soft cry.....his amazing big blue eyes and sinfully wrong for a boy curly long eyelashes.....his adorable chubby cheeks...his strong confident personality.......all the things I love about him........the things that all mama's LOVE about their babies...... and when he is all grown up and off to start his own adventures with life, his mama's heart will be breaking as this new chapter begins for all of us, BUT I will have my pictures and I will be able to go back in time and remember..........the feeling of him moving in my tummy.......how tiny he felt in my arms.......the way he smelled....how soft his cheeks were and how many times I kissed them.......the accomplishments.......the sports and events......and all the emotions that go with each and every memory.......all of it.

I take pictures because they are the key to the door we call our past.......I started a business so I could share that key with others.

I made a picture/video slideshow with music for my angel bug especially for his 4th birthday and some of you may have already seen it.....I left it up on the blog for a few days for family and friends to view. It is no longer available to view........but stay tuned....I am going to be offering some awesome new products very soon that will include photo slideshows with music and some other GREAT stuff!!! And who knows.....maybe one day some slideshows with video too......I mean, I'm just saying you never know...................tee hee

Anywho, in place of the slideshow.....I am posting one of my latest favorites of him........


Happy Birthday Angel Bug!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Owen! I hope you have an awesome day!

    Loved the video, Staci! Great job!

    Amy S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci- you said it all so perfect. Everything we feel and think. your post and video, made me cry tears of love as a mom. I guess you could actually blame it on hormones, but I think its more of the love that we moms have for our kids and like i said, you said it all so perfectly.

    Happy Birthday Owen!

    ReplyDelete