Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Hotel.....

After cleaning off the bird poo, it was soon time to board our plane to Li'hue....that flight was nice and short....and very bumpy. After landing we were greeted in the luggage area with a lei and then taken to our rental car....some of the others prefered to upgrade their rental to fun stuff, like Jeep Wranglers, mustangs, convertibles and the like....but we stuck with the basic that we were given...after all it was free! So we were cruising in a Jeep something all week and it wasn't so bad. Our drive over to the hotel was crazy....we had never seen anything like it....the plants and trees....I swear every tree had some sort of bloom on it! It was just beautiful. I wish I would have been able to take more pictures of the plants and trees while we were there....but there was just so much to do and see! And the smell....oh man....it just smelled wonderful....so tropical, if that makes sense...flowery? Coconutty? I don't know how to describe it other than yum!

This is the road that led to our hotel....you had to go thru this tree tunnel....it was super cool....at one time the tree tunnel was 3 miles long! Took this later in the week right before the sun was setting so it's kind of dark....


Our hotel was amazing....here is a link you can go to if you want and if you click on photos on the bottom right hand side of the picture on the main page, it will take you thru the hotel....what our room looked like, the views we saw, the Poipu Bay Golf Course, the lagoons, beaches, etc. http://kauai.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

On our last day there we were either going to go golfing - the golf course was amazing - or go to the spa....but ended up doing neither as we were in bed all day trying to sleep off a terrible head cold. Next time.....

Here is the view out on the balcony of the room we stayed in....took this the first night as the sun was going down....the weather was in the 70's and there was a nice warm breeze....ocean is on the left and you could hear it pretty well..... We just hung out on this balcony until our luggage was delivered by the hotel....then starting getting ready for the night....


The lei.....I didn't care for it too much wrapped around my neck....it was heavy and sticky....but very pretty. I just put it on this table and was taking pictures playing around while Ryan got ready for the welcoming party we had that night with Consolidated. THAT was wild....there were over 350 people there that Consolidated paid for! And pretty much any food you could imagine to eat....it was pretty cool....


One of my favorite parts (that I did not get a picture of) was when you first walked into the hotel you saw a covered check in area...then a jungle looking area (where these birds lived)...then the terrace....then the ocean. It was all open and you could see the ocean the minute you got out of your car at the hotel....it was gorgeous! Oh yeah, did I mention we had valet parking paid for us?? So nice! Especially since the hotel sits on 52 ocean front acres and the parking area was quite a ways away! Anywho, these birds just lived in that open tropical area and I think about once a day you could go to the terrace in front of the jungle area and a hotel employee would get the birds and have you put your arm out for them to perch on....no thanks.....I'll just take pictures....birds creep me out! Could be that I always thought they would just fly in my hair and start clawing at me? Well, in high school my girlfriend had a bird and she let it out of it's cage and guess what happened....yep....flew right into my hair and starting clawing at me.....I screamed of course and now keep my distance.....yeah, yeah, keep laughing......

They were pretty......




A waterfall at the hotel.....



Views from the hotel.....it really was paradise......love this silhouette.....




Stay tuned....the beach tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment